Monday, March 18, 2013

Gift Box Cake






I made this for my friend's birthday. The box is a 7" round Vanilla Cake with raspberry buttercream filing. The lid is made out of gumpaste. I made the lid a few days in advance and let it dry completely. The bow too was made a few days in advance. The 'tissue paper' was made out of gumpaste, rolled very thin and cut into squares. I then put the thin squares on scrunched up paper towel to give it a ruffled look and let it dry for a day. The lid is slightly open (but you can't quite see it here properly), and I stuffed it with the gum paste tissue paper.

I wish I had the airbrush so I could have brushed it to give it a shiny look. The airbrush is ordered and will be here in time for the next cake adventure.....make that two adventures, a 13th birthday cake and then the next day a Communion cake.....more photos to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment